Before you delete: Note that a weed may just be a flower growing in the wrong spot :-)
OTOH there is an entire army of wiki spammers writing nonsense pages with commercial links, and the earlier we do this the less onerous and risky this cleanup will be.
- To delete, go to Edit and find Delete in the dropdown list to the right of View History. Wiki pages are archived, and deletion/rollback should be allowed to all wiki members.
- If uncertain about a page, flag it. Edit the page to add a line at the top as follows:
- It is important, if you flag a page, to also remove all links on the page, because spammer links hurt our page rankings.
- There are various Special:SpecialPages to help identify potential weeds, for example: Special:LonelyPages, as well as the Category:Spam page .
- If you have permission to do so, delete spammers' userids too.
- Use good judgement, communicate if in doubt.