The things Parents Need to Bear in mind When Allowing Their Children To Use Paint Markers
Little ones have a remarkable imagination and it is at that stage of their life that parents can accomplish a great deal toward developing and nurturing their artistic creativity. Bright, vivid colors attract children's eyes and activate their abilities to express themselves through drawing and painting. The marketplace provides many resources to parents to ignite their children's interest for color and artistic expression. Conventionally, paint has offered the ways to explore colors and to enable children to interpret the world around them. Having said that, there are some drawbacks to allowing children to use paint. Paint can be messy. When spilled, it can be very difficult to clean, especially off porous surfaces such as wood. It can produce harmful vapors that, once inhaled, can be harmful. Paint brushes must be cleaned and, depending on the form of paint, this may require the use of solvents, exposing your children to more harmful fumes and vapors.
As a parent, you may be concerned with the effects of paint on your children's health, and you may ask yourself if there is a safer (and more convenient) alternative to paint.
Well, there is.
It's the chalk paint marker.
There are various brands of paint pens, and they are available in all the colors of the rainbow. They hold either water-based or oil-based opaque paint. Oil-based paint pens are not advised for children because they are of a more specialist grade than water-based paint pens. They discharge low amounts of harmful fumes and safeguards need to be taken when handling them; this applies to adults.
Water-based paint pens are non-toxic. They do not leech through heavyweight paper, decreasing messes significantly, if not eliminating them completely. If a mess does occur, clean-up is easy. Water-based paint can be removed from surfaces with a damp cloth. Also, no paint brushes to clean with a solvent, simply push the cap back onto the marker and it can be stored safely. Paint pens can be used on a range of surfaces, including plastic, wood, metal, paper and glass, making them a ton of fun for kids to explore.
There are some words of caution. Parents must be aware that non-toxic implies that children will not be poisoned if a small amount of the product is inhaled, gets onto the skin or is ingested: this won't cause any major and permanent damage. It does not mean that they won't get ill. While older kids know better, younger kids are inquisitive and curious, which makes them more likely to use the paint marker incorrectly. For these factors, younger kids who use a paint marker must be watched over by an adult.